Welcome to Goodtarp.Com
Latest Blog Entries: BLOG
This is where I will track the refit of my Snapdragon 27 in preparation of a circumnavigation in my small boat / yacht via of the UK; then perhaps the world via Australia and the Atlantic and Pacific oceans!
It will also feature ongoing details on my Degree in Small Ship / Yacht Naval Architecture with Westlawn; and my Diploma as a Small Craft/Yacht Marine Surveyor with the International Institute of Marine Surveyors (IIMS). I am currently recognised as AMRINA - Associate Member of the Royal Institute of Naval Architects.
Please use the links on the left to Navigate the site:
- The Dream - is about my reasons and my goals.
- The Blog - contains up to date information and is updated regularly with information of work, modifications, and installations.
- The Boat - features all the information in relation to my Snapdragon 27, and other boats in it's class.
- Training and Recommended Reading include some of the background knowledge I am applying for this adventure.
- Gallery - Features pictures of the work in progress, and eventually pictures of the trip
- My Location - shows the current location of the boat in a interactive Google Map image.
- Engine Choice and Fitting
- Antifoul Removal Methods
- Hull / Deck Repairs
- Fitting Out